Mount Hermon Chapel
Originally painted white, Hermon Chapel, erected in 1807, was an important landmark for the many ships that used to sail on the Burry Estuary. At the time, this area of Crofty was notorious for its lack of religious following and the chapel was built on a patch of land used by youngsters who used to play here on the Sabbath instead of attending worship.
Unfortunately, the chapel, which was also used briefly as a day school, has now fallen into total disrepair. It is still worth a visit, however, for the atmosphere of the more ancient and segregated part of the cemetery, its isolated setting and its amazing vantage point over the whole of the Burry Estuary.